Sunday, June 22, 2014

T-12 hours: the clock is counting down. Went through gear one last time. Packed it all in, including food and water. We drove to the trailhead and read the seasonal closure details including detours -- none affecting us, but mostly due to "not disturbing wildlife". I'll post a pic of the sign when I can upload it. Let's just say that if I can see and photograph any of the "wildlife" listed I'll be stoked...although I might need a change of pants. Brought cables and chargers out the wazoo, but forgot the camera download cable and the memory card doesn't fit the netbook. Oh well, our first request home will be to mail ahead the cable unless we find an adapter for the memory card (preferred for weight reasons). Going silent for a few days, but you'll be able to follow on the SPOT!

Peace,
Lorne & Melani

No comments:

Post a Comment